It’s true that nothing lasts forever. Spacesaver’s archive storage systems put time on your side. They help preserve documentary materials for generations to come.
The archives of county government are a treasure trove of modern and historic documents, including atlases, plat records, court documents, marriage records, and many others that are often required by state law to be preserved on paper. These archives play an important role in ensuring transparency and accountability, and must be made available to staff, researchers, the general public, or to the media upon request.
It provides a much smaller footprint compared to any stationary system. Yet it provides 100 percent access to Spacesaver’s mobile shelving units. They incorporate coatings and components that meet strict archive storage protection standards. Our powered mobile storage systems provide any degree of archival protection needed including:
- Programmable opening and closing to facilitate air circulation. It also delivers maximum and equal flow of fire-suppression agents
- Mobile carriages that ensure smooth acceleration and deceleration to minimize vibration
- Non-contact sensors to automatically control the distance between aisles to protect stored materials.
- Perforated shelving, uprights and end-panels that allow for maximum airflow. It also facilitates the flow of water in the event of a fire.
- Links to facility security systems to limit damage in a fire or flood
- Silicon gaskets to seal closed aisles
- Low-level, automatically controlled overhead lighting
For archives that don’t require the space-saving benefits of a mobile storage unit, consider Spacesaver static shelving systems – including wide-span shelving – or our stand-alone museum-grade custom cabinets with drawers (including flat-file drawers), and trays.
Accessible whenever needed. We can provide archival storage for Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Ashland, Richmond, Newport News, Williamsburg, Hampton, Glen Allen, Chesterfield, Goochland, Fredericksburg, and Central and Eastern Virginia
Features and Benefits of Archive Storage
- Art Storage Racks Benefits
- Easy Visibility
- Increase Collections
- Maximize Storage Capacity
Running out of space for county archives records storage Are you a county worker looking to increase your work storage space? County government archives store modern and historic documents l
Archival on Campus
Discover 10 highly effective storage options for your college campus. As a vibrant and bustling hub of activity, college campuses can offer students countless resources to help them thrive.
Government offices and military installations have immense storage needs, responsible for housing a small city’s worth of gear, equipment, and weapons.
Evidence Storage And Beyond
From evidence storage that protects the chain of custody, to personal storage lockers, to secure weapons storage, Spacesaver Storage Solutions has the answer for you.